Friday 5 July 2013

Chasing what you love...

Chase down your passion like it's the last bus of the night. 
-- Glade Byron Addams

I love this quote as there is something so wonderful about pursuing what you love. It takes time and energy to pursue a passion, but the effort seems minimal and the pursuit a pleasure. I am daily searching for moments to pursue my passions ... I carry my sketch book, pencils and pens with me everywhere I go, I grab moments with my camera as often as I can or (as I talk about here and here and here) I regularly use my iphone camera and, whenever possible, I get lost in my little in-home studio.  It is an absolute delight to be distracted in a project and I willingly assign hours (sometimes late-night hours) to work on one. 

I've mentioned before that I am taking several art courses and they all come with their own assignments, challenges and projects. I'd like to show you one of those recent projects.

My canvas here was a wood block and the wood was up-cycled from an old crib set that someone had put out at the side of the road. I saw the wood and immediately envisioned it cut into pieces and painted up, so I pulled over my van and dragged it all into the trunk as my kids sat bewildered. I asked Tim to cut a few of slats into pieces, and after sanding it down I went to work on my assignment:



It was such a fun project and I will definitely be making some more of these wood block paintings!

I encourage you to take time to do what you love.  You will not regret a moment of it ... you were made for it!!

Silvia

No comments:

Post a Comment