Wednesday 28 August 2013

abstract portraits & just letting go...

So much to do!  

One of the things I love about art is that the further you go, the deeper you can go. This doesn't at all surprise me because God is infinitely creative and the further I go in my relationship with Him, the deeper I can continue to go. It only makes sense that art would be that way too...

The more I spend time in my studio, the more ideas I have, the more things I want to try and the more images that constantly invade my thinking space ... I love that! Often at night, I fall asleep with pictures that I have never seen before moving across my mind's eye. How I wish I could video record them!

As you know by now, I'm busy with several on-line classes, as well as some of my own projects that I want to do. I've recently finished one of Alisa Burke's courses and here are some journal entries based on that class. 

 Before I added any colour, I drew a fast portrait with my sharpie marker, and for the most part, I did not look at my subject while I drew.

I then added some details and swirls across the page.   

Once I was satisfied with my black and white sketch, I added colour with my watercolours.  

The final step was some doodle patterns throughout the page.

Art is so much about learning to "let go" and release yourself into the process.  Alisa Burke is great at teaching methods to do just that. This was a lot of fun ... I think I might yet make some canvas paintings similar to these. 

If you are artistically stuck, this is a great way to get the ideas flowing ... give it a try!

Silvia

1 comment: