Tuesday 12 February 2013

Valentine Creations

More and more I am loving home-made decorations. In our home, every holiday and celebration is a chance to put up decorations and I love to personalize & create some of ours.

For Valentines Day, I got busy painting.  Pretty much anything can be painted and I went to town with my acrylics.  Here is my dining room table centrepiece:


The vase was initially clear and had been sitting in my studio for months as I had planned on using it for a different project but didn't. I painted it with crimson acrylic paint and used my fingers, giving it a bit of a streaked look. I also painted two white candles that I had in my bathroom.

I have the beginnings of a nature collection forming in my studio and all parts of it are available for painting or altering.  I painted the dried rose crimson red, I painted the sticks white and pink and I even painted the reeds.


I had a lot of fun decorating the rocks, using markers as well as acrylic paint, and then coating them with a sealant.  



And tucked in behind is a heart, made on pink & red construction paper that I doodled on.


Lastly, I added four store bought white hearts that I've had for years, as well as some glass balls.
.

Look around your home and see what you can use to personalize your decorations.  A little bit of paint can go a long way!

Silvia

2 comments:

  1. These look fantastic. I love the construction paper heart the best. Who knew that paper could look so awesome? You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I love the painted stones the best.... I couldn't imagine getting them to look as cool if I tried it... guess I will go back to my embroidery threads and needles! :)

    ReplyDelete