Monday 3 June 2013

the story she tells...

Its been a while since I last posted, but I have been busy working on some projects and I want to share one here.

One of the themes of my life is freedom and it comes up over and over again in my art ... it has since I was a teenager. One of the amazing things about art is how you learn about yourself and see your life through your work.  And really, I think it has to be that way for it to truly be art.

Freedom is something that God spoke to me about many years ago, and I am able to see more and more clearly how close to His heart it really is; without freedom we can never truly love, and we can never choose Him.

It wasn't until I finished this painting that I saw that I had unknowingly woven the theme of freedom into my canvas yet again.  But that is what I see, with my story behind me. Perhaps with your eyes you see something else ...





Silvia

No comments:

Post a Comment