Monday 9 September 2013

For Mackenzie

I was recently asked if I would donate a painting to Mackenzie's Hope, a foundation that raises money to send the siblings of cancer patients to summer camp. It was a real honor as my family & I closely followed Mackenzie's 18 month battle with leukemia and daily prayed for her healing. After a valiant fight she passed from this world into the arms of Jesus last October. 

We cried & grieved and said that we would always continue to believe and fight to see "His kingdom come, His will be done on earth, as it is in heaven."  There is no cancer, no sickness and suffering in heaven ... let earth echo the ways of heaven! 

I didn't have a painting prepared that seemed suitable, so I decided to paint one dedicated Mackenzie and her courageous family. Below is the painting I created. It is a 18" x 24" acrylic in canvas.


      
     
Our Father, who is in heaven, hallowed be you name. Let your Kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 

Silvia

No comments:

Post a Comment