Thursday 19 December 2013

Christmas and Bliss

Christmas is one of my favourite times of year. Despite the busyness, I savour the celebration, the excitement and the beauty of this season.  

It's miraculous, it's glorious, it's love unleashed on earth.  

My heart has been so smitten these days by the unhindered love of God and I am regularly undone in His presence ... it is blissful place to be, full of nothing but goodness.

So, needless to say, I love celebrating Christmas because I love celebrating Jesus. 

 One of my ways of celebrating includes creating Christmas decorations, and this year I have spent a lot of time on lettering.  This kind of caught me off guard since I stumbled upon some great lettering on Pinterest by artist Joanne Fink {see her blog here} which totally inspired me. But that is the way art often happens isn't it, through an unexpected moment of inspiration.

The letters were both a lot fun and much more time consuming than I expected. I wasn't really sure what to do with them once I was finished and unless I can think of a better place for them, for now they hang above the windows in our family room. 

Alas, the lighting is quite weak in our family room, and even with extra lights brought in, the quality of these pics is poor.  Nevertheless, here they are:

Have a very, very Merry Christmas and may you encounter Love like you never have before!
Silvia


No comments:

Post a Comment